Thursday 13 February 2014

Elegance with a dash of Darling...

Elegance with a dash of Darling

Elegance with a dash of Darling by Bones&Heels

I'm nervous, almost fidgety, tapping my fingers, sipping on the glass of water, the waiter so nicely poured out for me earlier. I take a glance at my watch for the fifth time now perhaps and look up slyly keeping my eye on the long shiny black door, a few metres from where the entering guests are welcomed.
She's late. 'Typical' I don't think within the time that I have known her she has ever been on time. She has a bad habit of taking pleasure in the things she does that make her late, I am almost certain. I take another glance at my watch, this time frustratingly taking a large gulp of water to cool down my annoyance.
 'How can she do this every time?' I Question myself for still sitting there waiting and why I'm annoyed at the same time. I finally decide to call the waiter over to replace the water with stronger liquids, perchance in the hopes to calm my nerves or release my genuine frustration.
Just as I take my first sip of the whiskey placed in front of me, I see a tall figure entering the large black door. The liquid feels like a warm glissade rush down my throat. Covered in a long black cape, she steps inside wearing confusion as her choice of facial expression. All of a sudden, its like pin drop silence and everything is in slow motion. I watch her from afar, eloquently making her way to the waiter who politely takes her coat from her, revealing her naked shoulders as she watches the coat slide off her body, thanking him politely, I assume. I watch as all eyes gaze upon her and she is so oblivious to it  all. She is stunning, in a white dress, gleaming like a Goddess, from afar. Our eyes meet from afar, she looks at me with a cheeky glint in her eyes. She knows I'm mad but I think I just melted. She makes her way over, floating amongst the diners, my eyes never leaving hers. Her red stilettos arranging the perfect soundtrack to her march over to the table. Her grace and elegance enlightening the room, as she comes closer wearing a bold smile on her face.
'Hi there', she places a soft kiss on my cheek. Her sweet scent dispersing in the air.
'Hi', I reply.
'You look beautiful', the words leave my mouth before I get the chance to process them. Bollocks, I was meant to say 'You're late'.
It no longer mattered. She was here and we were here. The night followed with good food, great conversation and lots of laughs.
It was a night in heaven. She was mine and I was hers & nothing else existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment